Lotus Cycling Club Code of Conduct
The Lotus Cycling Club strives to promote a safe and enjoyable cycling environment for all its members. All Lotus Cycling members are to take responsibility to achieve this goal, therefore, as a member of the team you are expected to comply with the following code of conduct:
- Practice good sportsmanship and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all cycling and non-cycling events.
- Wear the team jersey and shorts (or all black shorts without logos) on all club rides and at races and fondos.
- Obey all traffic regulations as enforced by all relevant local authorities while on individual or group training rides or as instructed during sanctioned or non-sanctioned races.
- Abide by the essential road skills and hand signals used for group riding and road safety.
- Conduct one's self with the same consideration as one would expect from any other road user, particularly motorists and avoid aggressive gestures and behaviors.
- Abide by the rules, regulations, laws, and bylaws of Cycling BC, the Canadian Cycling Association (CCA), the Union Cycliste Internationalle (UCI), the Province of British Columbia, any host Provinces, States, and host municipalities and venues.
- No Tri-bars. Road bike must be acceptable to safety standards and equipped to hold a pace of 20 km/hour.
- Educate yourself about cycling racing related obligations set down by each applicable cycling administration authority.
- Respect the Westbrook Community Center facility at all times. This is our home and we need to keep it clean, and presentable.
- Provide service on a volunteer basis, at a minimum of once per year, for any annual events, charity rides, competitions hosted by Lotus, or by any other means of benefit to Lotus Cycling Club.
- Be a part of this great community by being an ambassador, and a team player, and always be respectful to the club and its members.
- Be welcoming to new members and offer your support and encouragement.